In-Person Instruction Update & Remote Learning Attendance Policy
Effective Monday, April 19, 2021
April 16, 2021
Dear Mercy Parent/Guardian,
We hope you and your family experienced a blessed Easter break. We look forward to welcoming your daughter(s) back to Mercy as we resume 4-day in-person instruction on Monday, April 19 with our normal daily schedule.
As we welcome students back, it is important to bring consistency to student in-person and online learning experiences. The following attendance policy for remote learning will be in effect beginning Monday, April 19.
- Remote learning is ONLY for students whose parent/guardian has registered them for the GOAL (Growing through Online Academic Learning) program, COVID-19 positive students, or students who are required to quarantine by Mercy or the Oakland County Health Division (temporary GOAL).
- Students who are otherwise sick or out of town will be considered absent for the day and WILL NOT be able to attend classes remotely.
- Permanent GOAL or temporary GOAL students who are not on Zoom will be considered absent.
- Absent students should check Schoology for missed lessons/work and touch base with teachers via email or when they return to school.
- Parents/guardians of absent students must contact the Attendance Office, email@example.com, 248-476-2222.
Please report any student COVID-19 positive test result or exposure to the Dean of Student Affairs, Mrs. Eleasha Tarplin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-893-3568 by 5:00pm to be included on the temporary GOAL list for the following day. Any student reported after 5:00pm will need to wait one day before attending class remotely.
Thank you for your cooperation as we navigate through the remainder of this semester. It has been quite a year, yet Mercy has managed to stay healthy and safe. This is due to the diligence of our students and staff; and the continued support of our parents/guardians.
The Mercy Administration