MERCY HIGH SCHOOL MISSION
Compelled by our Catholic faith and the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy High School is a premier college preparatory school that educates and nurtures young women of diverse backgrounds to excel academically, serve compassionately, and lead courageously.
MERCY HIGH SCHOOL VISION
As a shining lamp of Catholic education, Mercy High School inspires young women of diverse backgrounds to lead faith-filled lives, use their voices, and achieve their goals. Our graduates exemplify unity, empathy, knowledge, and leadership to make a difference in the world.
Mercy High School was established in 1945 by the Sisters of Mercy to provide young women in the Detroit area with a Catholic, college preparatory education rich in spiritual and cultural experiences and intellectual challenges. The student body is made up of young women from over 60 metropolitan Detroit communities. This broad, inclusive base provides Mercy with a rich, multi-ethnic constituency from diverse, socio-economic backgrounds. The common thread among staff, students and parents is a commitment to academic excellence and the integration of Mercy Core Values into daily life. Recognized nationally as an Exemplary Private School by the United States Department of Education and the Council for American Private Education, Mercy has been accredited by AdvancEd. Mercy has been named an Apple Distinguished School since 2013 for being recognized by Apple as a distinguished school for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence.
Mercy High School is a sponsored ministry of the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and is a member of Mercy Education. The Mercy Education System of the Americas is rooted in the Gospel, through the Catholic faith and the Mercy charism. Inspired by Catherine McAuley, Mercy Education nurtures highly competent and deeply compassionate leaders ready to serve a vulnerable world.
Mercy's 25 acre campus is located in Farmington Hills, Michigan on the corner of Middlebelt and 11 Mile Roads. The facility is approximately 20 miles northwest of Detroit, providing easy access to the abundant cultural and educational centers of the metropolitan area.
- The school day is 8:00 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.
- Average classroom size is 25
- Enrollment in each grade averages 150
- Students take up to seven classes per semester
- Four-year retreat program
- Dual enrollment college credit opportunities
- 17 AP Course offerings
- University of Michigan and Michigan State were the top 2 schools attended by the Classes of 2010 - 2022.
- Class of 2022 earned college scholarships totaling $12+ million volunteered 18,000+ hours of community service.
- 89 Staff Members
- 75% holding masters degree or higher
- 20 Mercy High School alumnae
DID YOU KNOW
- Mercy has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished School since 2013.
- Mercy's 16,000+ alumnae can be found in 49 states and on every continent.
- All students utilize an iPad in a wireless educational environment.
100+ Mercy student athletes committed to play a college sport in the last four years.
- Mercy publishes a community magazine, MOSAIC, student newspaper, Newsprint, a yearbook, Lore.
- Mercy was one of the first schools in the nation to be named exemplary.
- The Art Department is considered one of the finest in Michigan and students receive Regional and National Art Awards.
- Mercy swim team has 12 State Championships and captured the Catholic League title 55 times.
- 2016 Softball State Champions; 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 Ice Hockey State Champions; 2022 Golf State Champions.
- The Performing Arts Department annually produces a fall play, Christmas concert, spring musical and spring choral concert.
- Mercy has been chosen as the only school in Michigan to win exclusive rights to produce "Disney's Frozen: The Broadway Musical."
Niche #1 Best All-Girls High School in Michigan