SOPHOMORE RETREAT DAY
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2021
ATTN Sophomores & Parents:
We are excited to have the opportunity to share an in-person retreat day with your daughter next Wednesday, January 20. Please be assured all health and safety protocols will be in place. The focus of the retreat will be service and justice. This year we will be holding a half day school event so we can share the retreat with both Cohorts. This is a mandatory retreat event for all Sophomores.
Your daughter will report to school at the designated time listed below and will participate in an engaging session with a representative from a local Metro Detroit Area charity organization.
Retreat Schedule Half Day Event
- Cohort KC should arrive between 7:45-8:00am and enter at the Auditorium/Gym entrance to check-in. The retreat will end at 10:00am. Please be on time.
- Auditorium will be sanitized from 10:15-10:45am.
- Cohort SF should arrive between 10:30-10:45am and enter at the Auditorium/Gym entrance to check-in. The retreat will end at 12:45pm. Please be on time.
- Opening Prayer
- Presentation and Assembling Care Packages: Nate Gangwer from Central Detroit Christian will give a presentation and speak on poverty in our area and how we can use our talents to serve those in most need in our own communities. The girls will assemble care packets and hygiene kits for that ministry. We are asking students to each bring two small travel size deodorants (or larger) to contribute to these care packages. Campus Ministry will provide the rest of the supplies.
- Closing Prayer
Reminders for Retreat Day January 20
- This is an out-of-uniform day for your daughter, so they may dress in comfortable clothes. Jeans and other appropriate casual dress are allowed. No shorts or leggings.
- Students are asked to please bring a donation of two small deodorants to contribute to assembling the hygiene care packages.
If your daughter is absent, a make-up activity will be assigned. We have put together a wonderful Sophomore Retreat for your daughter and look forward to her active participation in this event. Thank you!