Dear Sophomore, Junior and Senior Parents:
Please find below important information from the Mercy Counseling Office regarding the upcoming College Financial Aid Information Night. Questions can be directed to Mercy Counselor Kristen Casey, (248) 476-8020 ext. 1526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mercy High Counseling Office
COLLEGE FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION NIGHT
We invite you and encourage you to attend this College Financial Aid Event held at Mercy High School on Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 7:00 pm in the Mercy Auditorium.
This 90 minute workshop is designed to shed light on the financial reality of going to college and help families gain greater understanding of the financial aid process. Presenter, Bob Hoger, a certified college planning specialist, will give an overview of the financial aid process; discuss the different types of aid, which includes scholarships; and will cover how to apply for and receive financial aid. In this informal session, you will also learn:
- The important questions to ask colleges before your student applies
- How to maximize your student’s potential to receive scholarships, grants & other forms of gift aid
- Whether or not it is possible to attend a “private” college for a “public” price
- Instructions on filing financial aid forms and how to maximize the amount of financial aid you are eligible for
- What assets are taken into consideration when the U.S. Department of Education calculates your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- The financial aid timeline for success – what you should be doing and when
If your child is planning to go to college, do not miss this event! The presentation provides facts that help people overcome their fears and apprehensions about how they will pay for college. Finding as much as you can about financial aid early in this process is going to be a big help.