S - E -N - I - O - R - S !!
Here is important information you and your parents need
to know for Class of 2017 activities.
Be sure to click back often for announcements,
links, and updates!
CLASS of 2017 Officers
HRC - Claire Alafita, Indya Hood, Brooklyn Rue, Helen Zheng
- SANP Consent Form Due ASAP - Please complete form to receive parental consent and signature to attend Senior All Night Party.
- End of Year Promise Due - All seniors must complete and sign the end of year promise by Friday, March 31.
- Senior Sayings for Graduation - DUE DATE: Tuesday, April 11, 2017
As you receive your diploma and walk across the stage at Graduation, a saying of your choice will be read. Please read the following requirements to ensure your saying is acceptable.
If you need assistance choosing a saying, check quote books in the library. If a saying is not submitted, a saying will be chosen for you. Please find a saying which represents you, your philosophy, dreams, memories, or wishes for the future. Please complete the google form for submission.
- Prom tickets will be on sale from Monday April 3 - Wednesday April 12 (before spring break!). You may only buy tickets before or after school at the snack bar in the cafeteria. We will be down there from 7:35-7:55 AM and 2:45-3:05 PM. Remember that your End of Year Promise Due is due on March 31 - you cannot buy tickets until that promise is turned in. Tickets are $75 a person, $150 a couple.
- Mandatory Senior Survey - Beginning TUESDAY (APRIL 4th), you will be required to complete a Senior Survey in Naviance. The deadline will be APRIL 26th (the survey cannot be accessed after that date).
To access the survey, you'll need to login to Naviance, go to the "About Me' tab and click on the 2017 Senior Survey link.
You're receiving notice now, so that you can gather some information you'll be asked about In the survey:
- You will need to update your admissions decisions (accepted/denied)
- You'll need to update scholarship information--be sure to include TOTAL amounts of scholarships (ex.: enter $12000 if you're offered $3000/year)
- Be sure to turn in copies of any scholarships reported--ONLY scholarships that we have paper copies for will be included in Honors Convocation
- You MUST indicate where you need a final transcript sent (all colleges require them before you begin in the fall!). If you are truly undecided at this point, just list undecided. However, you will be required to provide that information before graduation.
You will not be able to pick up graduation tickets unless you completed the survey on time, nor will your honors be included in the Honors Convocation. There will be list kept of those who have/have not completed their survey.
EVENTS and DEADLINES
March 3: Service Hours and Reflection Paper PAST DUE!
March 31: End of Year Promise Due
April 3: Senior all class meeting during Adviser Period
April 3 - 12: Prom tickets on sale; $75/person; $150/couple
April 11: Senior Sayings Due
April 25: Memory DVD Orders Due
April 26: Senior Survey and Scholarship Notification DUE
May 18: Senior Prom at the Roostertail in Detroit
May 19: Senior Skip Day
May 25: Mercy Celebration Day
- Honors/Moving Up: You will wear your cap and gown for both of these events so be sure to have all parts with you including your medallion. If you are not present for Honors, you WILL NOT be allowed to participate in Moving up. Parents are welcome to attend. Advisee Parties for Seniors and Moving Up in the afternoon in the auditorium (cap and gown).
If you are not present, you are not allowed to walk at graduation. You must be there by 9:45 and breakfast will be served between 9:30-9:50 a.m. It will be a light breakfast and practice will start prompt at 10 a.m. Please park at the Detroit Opera House Parking center at 1426 Broadway Street. Take a ticket when you enter to give to the attendant when you exit. You WILL NOT be charged. Absolutely no food or drink will be allowed within the venue and please keep your cell phones away during the event. If we see them, we will confiscate them. Please dress appropriately. This venue is a historical and beautiful venue so dress appropriately. Bring a sweater and sweatshirt to stay warm. You must bring the shoes you are wearing for graduation also so you can practice walking the stage in them. Do not make appointments/work/etc on the same day for 12:30-1pm. We may run over and will not allow anyone to leave until we are done.
- Final celebration Mass. Wear cap and gown as Seniors will need to line up at 5:30pm for procession. Mass at 6pm in Auditorium
- Flower presentation to the Blessed Mother by Seniors after Mass
- Senior Farewell presentation and speeches
- Emily George Award and Heart of Mercy Award
- Reception in gym with appetizers immediately following
- Parents, families and friends are invited
June 4: Graduation Ceremony 2:00 p.m.
- Detroit Opera House, 1526 Broadway Street, Detroit, MI 48226
Students and faculty will arrive at 1:00 p.m. and enter through the Stage/Security door off Madison.
Families will line-up at main entrance doors on Madison. Doors will open at 1:30 p.m. or earlier if Opera House is prepared and people are lined-up.
Ushers will pass out programs provided by Mercy High School.
Seating first come, first serve and is available on the main floor, boxes and balcony.
More specific information will come at a later date about which side of the building your daughters will be exiting on and where they will be seating so you can plan accordingly.
Accessible seating for patrons in wheelchairs and a companion is available on the main floor.
Seniors must arrive at 1:00pm to line up and receive roses. Please report to backstage when you arrive and leave personal belongings (purses, cell phones, etc) with a family member.
A professional photographer will take pictures of each graduate as she receives her diploma
Video is taken of the entire ceremony and will be mailed to each graduate approximately 4 - 6 weeks after graduation
- Detentions. Contact or see Mrs. Tarplin in the Dean's Office.
- Financial (tuition, sweepstakes) Contact Business Office or Dr. Kreger.
- MCAP requirement (service hours completed and reflection paper submitted) Contact Mrs. Griggs-Dennis in the Pastoral Ministry Office.
- Senior Survey. Contact Mrs. Burek in the Counseling Office.
June 4 - Senior All Night Party (SANP) – All graduates attending the party are to arrive between 10:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. The party concludes at 5:00am June 5th. The consent form must be signed and returned to school in order to attend.
DETAILS and FORMS
Memory DVD order form - Cost $25. Baby photos, class photos, senior slideshow and memories!
SENIOR PROM 2017
Graduation Gowns: Mercy High School Graduation is a formal academic commencement ceremony. As such each graduate is to be dressed in a modest gown. CLICK HERE for graduation gown requirements, criteria and recommendations.
Extra graduation ticket request form
SENIOR ALL NIGHT PARTY CONSENT FORM
Contact Info Emails
College Application Presentation
- The college application meeting presentation is now posted on YouTube and available for viewing and reference:
KAIROS Retreat Info
Information about registering and attending KAIROS retreat and the letter emailed to families may be found here.
All KAIROS retreat participants must have the following forms completed and signed by parent/guardian: