S - E -N - I - O - R - S !!
Here is important information you and your parents need
to know for Class of 2017 activities.
Be sure to click back often for announcements,
links, and updates!
CLASS of 2017 Officers
HRC - Claire Alafita, Indya Hood, Brooklyn Rue, Helen Zheng
Pizza with a Purpose FUNDRAISER
California Pizza Kitchen Pizza with a Purpose Fundraiser will be held Thursday, March 2. Bring in flyer, present to server, and we'll receive 20% of check to Mercy senior class. Includes dine in, take out, catering and all beverages. Valid at Twelve Oaks, Hunter's Square, Laurel Park. CLICK HERE FOR FLYER.
Baby photos - November 18
Contact Info Emails
College Application Presentation
- The college application meeting presentation is now posted on YouTube and available for viewing and reference:
KAIROS Retreat Info
Information about registering and attending KAIROS retreat and the letter emailed to families may be found here.
All KAIROS retreat participants must have the following forms completed and signed by parent/guardian:
August 26: 8:15am – 9:20am Senior Class College Application Meeting
September 27: Field Day and Senior Tailgate
October 6: CPK FUNdraiser
October 8: Freshman Pictures Due
October 21: Senior Blessing Mass
February 1: Senior Class Alumnae Luncheon - Gathering with Mercy High School alumnae for a special sisterhood luncheon. This event promises to be a wonderful opportunity for you to meet alumnae from many walks of life and ask them questions about college, careers, and more. Click here for permission slip due Fri, Jan 27th.
March 2: CPK FUNdraiser
March 3: Service Hours and Reflection Paper Due
April Memory DVD ORDERS DUE!
April Senior Survey and Scholarship Notification DUE
May 18: Senior Prom at the Roostertail in Detroit
May 19: Senior Skip Day
May 25: Mercy Celebration Day
- Honors/Moving Up: You will wear your cap and gown for both of these events so be sure to have all parts with you including your medallion. If you are not present for Honors, you WILL NOT be allowed to participate in Moving up. Parents are welcome to attend. Advisee Parties for Seniors and Moving Up in the afternoon in the auditorium (cap and gown).
If you are not present, you are not allowed to walk at graduation. You must be there by 9:45 and breakfast will be served between 9:30-9:50 a.m. It will be a light breakfast and practice will start prompt at 10 a.m. Please park at the Detroit Opera House Parking center at 1426 Broadway Street. Take a ticket when you enter to give to the attendant when you exit. You WILL NOT be charged. Absolutely no food or drink will be allowed within the venue and please keep your cell phones away during the event. If we see them, we will confiscate them. Please dress appropriately. This venue is a historical and beautiful venue so dress appropriately. Bring a sweater and sweatshirt to stay warm. You must bring the shoes you are wearing for graduation also so you can practice walking the stage in them. Do not make appointments/work/etc on the same day for 12:30-1pm. We may run over and will not allow anyone to leave until we are done.
- Final celebration Mass. Wear cap and gown as Seniors will need to line up at 5:30pm for procession. Mass at 6pm in Auditorium
- Flower presentation to the Blessed Mother by Seniors after Mass
- Senior Farewell presentation and speeches
- Emily George Award and Heart of Mercy Award
- Reception in gym with appetizers immediately following
- Parents, families and friends are invited
June 4: Graduation Ceremony 2:00 p.m.
- Detroit Opera House, 1526 Broadway Street, Detroit, MI 48226
Students and faculty will arrive at 1:00 p.m. and enter through the Stage/Security door off Madison.
Families will line-up at main entrance doors on Madison. Doors will open at 1:30 p.m. or earlier if Opera House is prepared and people are lined-up.
Ushers will pass out programs provided by Mercy High School.
Seating first come, first serve and is available on the main floor, boxes and balcony.
Accessible seating for patrons in wheelchairs and a companion is available on the main floor.
Seniors must arrive at 1:00pm to line up and receive roses. Please report to backstage when you arrive and leave personal belongings (purses, cell phones, etc) with a family member.
A professional photographer will take pictures of each graduate as she receives her diploma
Video is taken of the entire ceremony and will be mailed to each graduate approximately 4 - 6 weeks after graduation
- Detentions. Contact or see Mrs. Tarplin in the Dean's Office.
- Financial (tuition, sweepstakes) Contact Business Office or Dr. Kreger.
- MCAP requirement (service hours completed and reflection paper submitted) Contact Mrs. Griggs-Dennis in the Pastoral Ministry Office.
- Senior Survey. Contact Mrs. Burek in the Counseling Office.
June 4 - Senior All Night Party (SANP) – All graduates attending the party are to arrive between 10:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. The party concludes at 5:00am June 6th. The consent form must be signed and returned to school in order to attend.
DETAILS and FORMS - Some links to information coming soon and will be updated as information becomes available.
Memory DVD order form - The entire ceremony, including processional and presentation of diplomas, will be video-taped by a professional video company. A DVD will be mailed to each graduate 4-6 weeks after graduation.
Pearl bracelet and earrings set
Congratulatory lawn sign
SENIOR PROM 2017
Graduation Gowns: Mercy High School Graduation is a formal academic commencement ceremony. As such each graduate is to be dressed in a modest gown. CLICK HERE for graduation gown requirements, criteria and recommendations.
Extra graduation ticket request form
SENIOR ALL NIGHT PARTY CONSENT FORM