Art Department Mission Statement
We, the students and staff of the Mercy High School Art Department, participate in God’s creation through our daily work in the visual arts. We value the gifts of our lives and talents. We observe, appreciate, depict and interpret nature and our surroundings. We hope to offer an extraordinary view of our everyday world to all who view our artwork. We value our community of artists, learning from one another and dedicating ourselves to do our best.
Art Department Facts
- 379 students enrolled in 21 sections
- 18:1 student-teacher ratio
- 2 teachers with a combined 47 years of experience
- 4 studio classrooms and 2 computer labs
- Drawing and painting studios with easels and a variety of still-life objects
- A ceramics studio equipped with 9 potter's wheels, a slab roller, and a clay extruder
- Three ceramic kilns with high fire capacity in a separate room for venting purposes
- A jewelry studio with acetylene and oxygen jeweler's torches, drills, and a variety of metal working tools
- Two labs with 54 computers and the Adobe Creative Suite, Solid Works, iStop Motion, and Final Cut Pro.
Art Department Teachers