2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Invite your friends, family and colleagues to Tea!
You can become a Table Hostess and bring others to Mercy for this lovely tradition we call Tea for Tuition. A Table Hostess invites guests to the event, and she sets and decorates her table.
Table Hostess Commitment
Please read the following points before submitting your table hostess deposit.
What does a Table Hostess Do?
- Commits to filling a table of 8-10 guests. We encourage you to fill all 10 seats, as we are aiming to share Mercy spirit with as many guests as possible. Don’t forget to include yourself in the count.
- Sets and decorates a 72-inch round table. Mercy provides a white tablecloth.
- Collects payment from all guests at her table and submits final payment to Mercy by April 4. Seats are $25 per person; the $50 deposit covers two seats.
- Lets Mercy know the names of guests ahead of time.
- Touches base with her guests prior to the event to communicate important event information.
See Table Hostess Tool Kit for more information.
Your Guest List
- Invite your friends, family, clients, neighbors and more…everyone is welcome at Mercy! You and your guests will enjoy inspiring stories of “The Mercy Difference.”
Tea Party Highlights
- Delicious tea party food and dessert – along with enticing hot and cold teas – all served by Mercy students who will take good care of you and your guests.
- Visiting with old friends, making new connections, hearing from remarkable women of Mercy, and browsing the lovely table settings. The gym is transformed into a tea parlor!
- Of special note will be the Distinguished Alumna Award Presentation to Sheri Johnson Crawley '90.
- And since the event is a fundraiser to support the Alumnae Association Tuition Assistance Fund, the afternoon features silent auction and raffle items, as well as an opportunity to make a gift to Mercy.
- Over the past 12 years, the event has raised over $190,000 to help more than 100 Mercy girls in need of financial assistance.
How to sign up as a Table Hostess
Now that I am a Table Hostess, what do I do next?
- Once you are registered as a Table Hostess, you'll receive a confirmation email.
- We will send you regular updates with all the materials you need to invite, remind, and thank your guests.
- Please send names of your guests to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 4. Due dates are earlier than normal this year due to how Easter break falls on the calendar. Final payment is also due April 4.
- Take some time to peruse our Table Hostess Took Kit with information and resources at your fingertips.
We thank you for being a hostess, and we are here to support you in any way we can!